About the course
Now, more than ever, it’s important to understand how the various types of assessments can be used for different purposes. Most of our classrooms have students performing on many levels in different subjects. This reality makes it critical to understand how and how not to measure your students' growth—what assessments to use and how to analyze your data so that it informs instruction in a timely way for all of your students.
• Learn how to create high-quality growth measures for every student.
• Accurately identify an appropriate student population for your targeted assessment.
• Identify the pros and cons of different types of assessment, including formative and summative assessments.
• Learn about the importance of baseline evidence.
• Define intervals of instruction.
• Understand the value of stretch, alignment, and validity and reliability in selecting or creating an assessment.
• Assess and identify the proper data to use in informing your instruction.