top of page
About the course
The role of data literacy and summative and formative assessments in the classroom is important. Even more important is understanding which assessment methods to use, and when to use them, to gather dependable information about student achievement. High-quality formative assessment must be very deliberate and intentional.
• Understand the importance of data literacy.
• Understand the importance of summative and formative assessments and how they are used.
• Apply formative assessment strategies.
• Explore effective feedback.
• Discuss the role of classroom assessments in standards-based instruction.
bottom of page